Next start date: 1st August, 2018
Duration: 1 year
Who can apply: Doctors who have completed their M.D. Pediatrics or D.N.B. Pediatrics or DCh (Diploma in Child Health)
Ummeed awards two fellowships each year in Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. Of the two seats, one is IAP accredited and the other is an institutional fellowship.
The structured one year long training program involves getting a detailed understanding of typical child development and common developmental difficulties in children across different age groups like Autism Spectrum Disorder, Learning Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Intellectual Disability, Genetic syndromes, etc. The program involves lectures, group discussions and hands on clinical training with graded supervision. The fellows will be trained to understand patterns of developmental difficulties and conduct comprehensive developmental assessments (through detailed history and formal assessment tools) to arrive at a diagnosis. The management plan is then made along with the family to help the child reach his maximum potential.
The faculty includes Developmental Pediatricians Dr. Vibha Krishnamurthy, Dr. Roopa Srinivasan, Dr. Koyeli Sengupta and other guest lecturers.
During the training, there are many opportunities to work with and learn from a multidisciplinary team comprising Occupational therapists, Autism intervention therapists, Speech therapists, Mental health professionals and Remedial educators.
The details of the application process are as follows:
1. The information for candidates to apply for the 2018 -19 Fellowship is available on www.iapndp.org.
2. Please send in your applications(for both, IAP and the Institutional Fellowship) to Ummeed Child Development Center by 25th June, 2018.
3. The interviews for selecting suitable candidates will take place between 2nd and 7th July, 2018 at Ummeed Child Development Center, Mumbai.
4. The selected candidates will be informed by email.
5. The course begins on 1st August, 2018.
Click here for information about the application process.
Click here for eligibility criteria.
Click here for the application form.
In case of any queries, please contact email@example.com