Next start date: August 2017
Duration: 1 year
Who can apply: Doctors who have completed their M.D. Pediatrics or D.N.B. Pediatrics or DCh (Diploma in Child Health)
Ummeed trains 2 fellows each year in Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. Of the 2 seats, one is IAP accredited and the other is an Institutional fellowship.
The structured one year long training program involves getting a detailed understanding of typical child development and common developmental difficulties in children across different age groups like Autism Spectrum Disorder, Learning Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Intellectual Disability, Genetic syndromes, etc. The program involves lectures, group discussions and hands on clinical training with graded supervision. The fellows will be trained to understand patterns of developmental difficulties and conduct comprehensive developmental assessments (through detailed history and formal assessment tools) to arrive at a diagnosis. The management plan is then made along with the family to help the child reach his maximum potential.
The faculty includes Developmental Pediatricians Dr. Vibha Krishnamurthy, Dr. Roopa Srinivasan, Dr. Koyeli Sengupta and other guest lecturers.
During the training, there are many opportunities to work with and learn from a multidisciplinary team comprising Occupational therapists, Autism intervention therapists, Speech therapists, Mental health professionals and Remedial educators.
1. The information for candidates to apply for the 2017 - 18 batch will feature on the website www.iapndp.org by 3rd June 2017
2. The candidates can start applying from 5th June June 2017
3. Last date for students to apply to individual institutes is 5th July 2017
4. The application forms must reach the individual institutes by 8th July 2017
5. The interviews for selecting suitable candidates must take place between 10th July and 15th July 2017 at individual institutes
6. Please email the filled in application form to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send the hard copy of the form to Ummeed Child Development Center.